Books. Grants. Skilled professors who will show me the "right way," so that I can chose which way I want to do it. Interaction. ((Meal plans? jeje :D)) I expect the cultivation of individual independence. So...? ¿qué puedo decir? That's what I think. Ah, decidí usar los tildes por un rato, para probar que puedo :P College is a tool to get what I want from it. It's the first time in my life I've been able to chose what I want to learn and be given time to study it and draw my own conclusions----((Have you ever wondered, if there are so many very different people reading the same essays, books, pieces of history, that are all leaving with very different ideas of why things are as they are and what really happened (bla bla bla) if all those realities exist somewhere? Obviously in the person themselves, since reality is a relative concept (jaja! Can't get over that sentence...) it does. So... if each of those people has their own reality and everyone's realities are running parallel to one another in some strange way do they all exist? Does every possibility exist? Whoa, wait... What was my question? Ah! Has anyone ever read "A Crack in the Line"? by Micheal Lawrence?))----Ha, I totally just used a hyperlink (vínculo, me gusta más esta palabra :P)
Anyway, back to my point, which was... Right, what I expect from college. The point to that stuff at the beginning is that I don't expect college to give me anything. I don't necessarily expect for it to give me knowledge, that's something I take. It's just that simple. I thought it was so strange today, during forum, when everyone was talking about getting an education v. getting training, why do they keep talking about education as schools and colleges and universities and etc.? Well, obviously we're in one, but it's not like being in college is going to give us either an education or training. We get that by doing things on our own. Our professor doesn't put the information into our minds, we do... am I making sense? Erghs, it's late, but I figured if I waited 'till tomorrow I'd have forgotten what I wanted to say.
Oh! There was something I wanted to say: My grandpa grew up in a very small town, population in the upper 40s or so, called Gravois Mills (as of 2005 it 225, in case you were wondering) and after WWII he remembers the town gathering to listen to the one radio they had, where they heard of the mass extermination of millions of Jews. Well, this man grandpa had barely every seen, an honest-to-english-muffins hermit, remarked, "That must have set their calendar back." I know I'm not quoting it like Grandpa did, but... Anyway, later when he figured out what he meant he told me about how amazed he was at what that man knew, living in the country (more country than Gravois Mills, even.) The point of that is we give schools money so that people who want to show others things they haven't seen before can. We pay for everything they need, and more than a bit extra, and it's our "job" to get all out of it we can... At least it's mine.
Ay, ¡me encanta la salsa! ¡Pero Florencia Villagra! ¡Patricia Sosa! ¡Miranda! Nunca vivíamos sin música... y esa es la verdad!! :D Oye, olvidé! Vi a dos pelis maravillosas por el fin de la semana, "En la puta vida" (que es retriste) y "La última noche", que no puedo describir con más que "sorpresante." Y más cerca de la tele, soy adicta de "La fea más bella" y no puedo parar de mirarla... Y no puedo creer lo que está sucediendo!!! De verdad Don Fernando un desgraciado si no puede ver el amor que tiene Leti para él y la belleza de su alma!! ((y conoces la actriza que hace el papel de ella?? bonita!!!)) Bueno, sea que otros sepan mas que yo sobre lo que ha pasado ultimamente, no hay univision acá...-_- Pero mi querida preciosa mamá me las está grabando! Qué amor debe tener por mí, jaja!
Can anyone here write 1337? Just wondering...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
J.J. -- I like your comments about the student's responsibility to "take" the education from the institution. In a sense, that is the entire point of this class. We want students to stop looking at themselves as passive recepticles of knowledge, education, training, etc. and to start to become active seekers after knowledge, active "takers" of all their classes, professors, experiences, and peers have to offer.
I liked the phrase "honest-to-english muffins." Who uses that. Eso es muy original! Also, good attitude toward college. (yeah, that was a borring comment, sorry). What I meant was Go, gett'um tigre! Take the opportunity and run with it. Run so fast your long, brown hair flows behind you like a shining river. (I might have taken that similie a bit too far, oh well).
Post a Comment